Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s (Manchester BIOGEL in this instance) possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Who we are
What information we collect about you
We collect personal information when you contact us via our website, email, phone or in person to enquire about and/or order our products or services. This information typically consists of your name, email address, phone number, organisation, and which scientific area you work in. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. We use this information to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we use and process the information about you
We comply with our obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We collect use your personal information for a number of administrative purposes:
- Process your order, including payment and shipment
- Provide technical advice support regarding our products
- Verify your identity
- Ensure internal quality control
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
If you would like to enquire about and/or order products or services from another company within our group, and you agree, we shall pass on your personal information. We will not share your information with companies outside the Manchester BIOTECH group.
We like to send you information about our products and services which may be of interest to you. We will only contact you if you have opted-in to receive this information.
If you agree, we shall pass on your personal information to our group of companies so that they may offer you their products and services. We will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside the Manchester BIOTECH group.
You can opt-out from marketing material at any time by contacting us (details below).
Research and development
We may use your personal information to create non-identifiable data that we may use alone or in addition to information from other services, to help us improve our products and service and/or develop new products and services.
How long we keep your data
We keep your data for a period of up to two years. If you have not placed an order or been in touch with a member of our team for a period of 18 months, your information will be added to our list of user details to delete. This deletion process takes up to six months.
Your rights to access to your information and correction
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
- The right to request that we provide your data to you and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller/company, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject (customer) and in either case the data controller (Manchester BIOGEL) processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics].
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
How to opt-out
If you no longer wish to receive our marketing materials, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of all marketing emails to opt-out or get in touch with us directly (details below).
We process opt-out requests within 60 days after receipt, or such shorter time as may be required by law.
How to contact us
- +44 (0) 1625 238800
- Manchester BIOGEL, 19F4 Mereside, Alderley Park, Alderley Edge, Cheshire, SK10 4TG