Manchester BIOGEL is seeking an ambitious and highly driven individual who is eager to develop their career in business development and sales and become an integral part of a fast-growing and dynamic company based in Alderley Park, Cheshire.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone holding a scientific degree with experience of working in a sales role within a biotech, life sciences or pharmaceutical organisation or similar.
Renumeration will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
About the Role
The core objective of this role is to harness the numerous sales opportunities and consequently achieve a significant growth of sales of Manchester BIOGEL’s hydrogel products. Supported by the sales and marketing team, you will develop and execute sales forecasts and strategies to target new clients and grow existing customers.
Manchester BIOGEL is a vibrant customer focused business that develops, manufactures and sells tunable peptide-based hydrogel products. These products, PeptiGels® and PeptiInks®, are in growing demand for 3D cell culture, 3D bioprinting and drug discovery, all addressing the academic and industrial R&D life science and related markets.
Manchester BIOGEL has both office and production facilities at Alderley Park, Cheshire, which offers world-class bioscience facilities and is one of the leading science and technology park sites in Europe. Our facilities are set within 400 acres of historic parkland, with a rare arboretum, lakes and water garden. There is also access to subsidised catering, sports facilities and free-parking.
Key responsibilities include:
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new sales opportunities within existing customer accounts, as well as creating new business opportunities through research, networking and prospecting
- Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with existing customers to help with customer retention
- Handle follow-up activities related to the sale and track customer progress by having regular meetings and reporting key results to help build the Manchester BIOGEL data bank
- Monitor and analyse customer’s usage of products and follow-up with them to push further sales
- Analyse potential opportunities and develop sales plans for each new target account; ensure the appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to the customer
- Liaise between the customer and the Manchester BIOGEL team
- Maintain general knowledge of all company technologies and products for appropriate cross-sell opportunities
- Aggressively pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing
- Train new and existing team members in customer culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to initiate and close the sale
- Communicate emerging or changing trends as well as any issues which may impact present/future sales
- Adapt successful strategies and tactics to meet market demands and financial targets
- Record and analyse all customer sales-related activities in a CRM system
- Forecast and track sales metrics
- Prepare sales activity reports for the Senior Business Development Manager as required
The role will be primarily based at Alderley Park, Cheshire, with some flexibility to work from home, and will require some travel both within the UK and internationally. Due to the travel required for this role, candidates must have a current passport and valid driving license.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Good IT literacy skills and competency with Microsoft Office tools
- Science (or related) BSc degree holder (2.1 Hons or above) with experience in life sciences, pharmaceuticals or related area in a commercial/sales/business development role
- Experience developing quotations and sales proposals, including their presentation
- A proven track record of new business generation, account management and development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to quickly and effectively build rapport with customers
- Direct experience of working in cell culture, regenerative medicine or hydrogel material research is desired but not essential
- Self-motivated and target driven
- Outgoing, friendly and approachable
- Ability to work under pressure and meet demanding timelines
- Ability to influence others internally and externally, in particular in presenting effective sales arguments
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
- Excellent analytical skills to realistically assess customer business potential
- Able to work creatively in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Ability to critique and improve activities through continuous improvement and innovation
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
To apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are suited to this role to email@example.com.
Closing date is Friday 4th of June 5pm.